Our firm hires only the best candidates who will match our culture and bring the best skills to match our clients’ needs. Please check back for future openings.
Provide administrative support and entry-level paralegal responsibilities for the attorneys in the firm. Working independently with minimal supervision, perform administrative duties including creating and preparing routine materials, proofreading, verifying, and editing all materials for extreme accuracy and clarity. Utilize strong computer skills to prepare complex correspondence, reports, and forms. Use discretion and judgment when screening visitors and telephone calls, schedule appointments and travel (as required), and organize workload to meet established priorities. Handle confidential information professionally and consistent with legal and ethical policies and practices.
Case-Based Administrative and Paralegal Support
Provide administrative support to attorneys working on assigned cases, including:
- Document preparation (e.g. correspondence, pleadings, discovery requests and responses, EEOC charges).
- Document production (to include Bates stamping).
- Coordinate case correspondence to include generating, sending and tracking no-representation letters to rejected potential clients and client engagement letters to new clients.
- Maintain and update Firm active and potential client/investigative case lists.
- Generate retainer agreements and receive, process and track signed retainer agreements.
- Circulate, conduct and track conflict checks on new potential clients.
- Keep cases organized by establishing, organizing and maintaining filing systems, to include Active File (redrope file), case-specific electronic files, and other paper files.
- Communicate with attorneys and other support staff regarding status of assigned case tasks and priorities, ensuring all are executed within appropriate timeframes/deadlines. Coordinate case update meetings as requested.
- Execute court filings.
- Schedule and manage calendar events, to include calendaring statute of limitations deadlines for current and potential clients (at the direction of attorneys).
- Enter and track deadlines on the firm’s calendar.
- Assist with client communication as needed.
- Perform research to support attorneys as appropriate.
- Classify, sort, distribute and/or file all correspondence, records, media clips and other documents.
- Make copies of materials and organize documents as needed
- Other tasks as needed/requested.
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Employment Law
- Associates Degree
- 1-2 Years
Provide administrative support to individual attorneys on a day-to-day, non-case-specific basis, including:
- Tasks related to Continuing Legal Education (CLE) or bar activities (e.g. course registration, others).
- Calendar and email coordination/management as requested.
- Meeting and event planning/coordination.
- Answer telephones and appropriately triage calls (including calls from potential clients).
- Expense reimbursement tracking and reporting.
About Schaefer Halleen
At Schaefer Halleen, we believe that a successful law firm is only as strong as its team. That’s why we take great pride in the dedicated, compassionate, responsible, and driven individuals who help our firm thrive.
This is a firm for team players. Every day, the team at Schaefer Halleen works together to listen, engage, plan, and advocate for our clients. Our attorneys do not operate in “silos,” but rather, rely on each other for unique perspectives and experiences. We believe in mentoring our associates and support staff whenever possible.
Commitment to Service
When exploring our team biographies, visitors often comment on our dedication to community wellness and philanthropy. We encourage all of our team members to engage with their communities whenever possible (whether working pro bono cases or volunteering for non-profits they believe in).
Commitment to Wellness
Just as we believe in a holistic approach to our cases, we also believe in a healthy work-life balance for our attorneys and staff. We’ve found that when our team is happy and healthy, they bring their best to the table. We are constantly seeking to nourish our culture and strengthen our team.
Commitment to Diversity
Schaefer Halleen is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive environment that elicits the very best from our employees. Schaefer Halleen strives to leverage our diversity efforts to better serve our clients. We understand that being a great company is like creating a great play – you must maintain the right pieces. For us, the pieces are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas and experiences that comprise the Schaefer Halleen workforce.
Our People Tell The Story
Larry and Toni have assembled a great team. The lawyers and staff are terrific at what they do, and terrific to work with. I truly look forward to coming to work.” – Bert Black
Looking to learn more about Minneapolis? Here’s a little snapshot:
- #1 Healthiest City, Livability, 2015
- #1 Most Literate City, USA Today, 2015
- #1 Best Place to Raise Children, Minnesota St. Paul Business Journal, 2014
If that hasn’t impressed you, check out all of Minneapolis’ accolades. Read More➣