Lauren D’Cruz is an employment litigator specializing in workplace discrimination cases. Her tenacity and dedication make Lauren a perfect fit to represent employees who have been discriminated against in the workplace. Lauren is motivated by her ongoing commitment to advocating for her clients. Her passion landed her on the 2018 and 2019 Minnesota Rising Stars list, an honor reserved for those lawyers who exhibit excellence in practice.
Before joining Schaefer Halleen LLC, Lauren worked as an associate attorney for Lind, Jensen, Sullivan & Peterson, P.A., where she represented and advised insurance carriers and adjusters in a variety of matters involving insureds. Notably, Lauren second-chaired a jury trial resulting in a defense verdict finding her client was not negligent due to a medical emergency.
Prior to law school, Lauren worked as an Audit Associate at Grant Thornton LLP and as a Regulatory Affairs Compliance Analyst at Farmers Insurance Headquarters in Los Angeles. She is an active member of the Warren E. Burger American Inn of Court, an organization devoted to legal excellence, professionalism, ethics, and civility.
Outside of her work at Schaefer Halleen, Lauren serves as co-chair of the Community Outreach Committee of the Minnesota Chapter of the Federal Bar Association. In her role, she helps coordinate a program that provides transportation for families of incarcerated individuals to visit their loved ones in prison. In her free time, Lauren enjoys volunteering, traveling, and staying active.
Areas of Practice:
- Employment Litigation
- Minnesota, 2013
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2014
- Juris Doctorate Degree, William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, 2013
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, minor in Spanish, University of Minnesota – Carlson School of Management, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2008
- Selected to the 2018 Rising Stars List by SuperLawyers
- Selected to the 2019 Rising Stars List by SuperLawyers
- Listed as one of “Top Women Attorneys in Minnesota” by Super Lawyers, which will appear in the April 2019 issue of Minneapolis/St.Paul Magazine
Articles Lauren has Published
Lauren D’Cruz and Mark Fredrickson, Apportioning Fault Between a Negligent Tortfeasor and an Intentional Tortfeasor in Minnesota, Minnesota Defense, Summer 2015
- Law School Outreach Committee Co-Chair, Minnesota Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, 2017 – Present
- As a part of her work with the FBA Outreach Committee, she assists in planning and hosting a week-long Court Camp for high school students at the federal courthouse in Minneapolis.
- Director of Legal Affairs, Board of Directors of Alpha Phi Sorority at the University of Minnesota, 2014 – Present
Thank you, Larry and Lauren, for all your advocacy and legal advice. I greatly appreciated your tireless counsel and supreme professionalism. You've demonstrated a superb legal acumen and genuine care for me, and that reinforcement and your reassurance really helped me as the underdog employee.
I appreciate the truth, risks, and nuances of employment law after working with Schaefer Halleen, and I will never forget your devoted assistance in this troubling matter. Again, thank you for the countless occasions you rallied in support of me in this fight. It is a huge relief to put this matter in the rear-view mirror so I can get my career life back on track.
If you are facing discrimination or harassment at your workplace, there are certain steps to take before suing your employer. ...