Molly Leisen is an associate attorney at Schaefer Halleen who provides legal counsel and representation to plaintiffs in all employment-related matters. Molly takes a fresh and innovative approach to employment litigation; her philosophy perfectly matches Schaefer Halleen’s goal to offer exhaustive, high-quality, and expert representation.
Before joining Schaefer Halleen, Molly was a Judicial Law Clerk at the Fourth Judicial District where she clerked for various judicial officers in the civil, criminal, family, and mental health court divisions.
After graduating from the University of Minnesota law school, Molly served as a Bridge Fellow at the Minnesota Court of Appeals. She also spent time working as a contract attorney that focused on health plans at a regional integrated healthcare organization.
Molly is passionate about plaintiff’s employment law because it offers her an opportunity to advocate for employees who have been the victim of discrimination. She is professionally fulfilled when she has the opportunity to assist individuals experiencing mistreatment and hostile work environments and help them navigate a dignified transition out of their situation.
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- Juris Doctorate Degree, University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Governing Council Member, Labor and Employment Section, 2019-present
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Co-Chair, Labor and Employment Section, 2019-present
- Minnesota Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Minnesota Chapter, Member
- Staff Member and Managing Editor, ABA Journal of Labor & Employment Law
- Certified Student Attorney and Student Director, Worker’s Rights Clinic, University of Minnesota Law School