Nicolette Gullickson is the Clinic Coordinator for Schaefer Halleen’s monthly Pro Bono Trans Legal Clinic. For almost three years, Nicolette worked for the Investigation and Enforcement division of the EEOC. Prior to her employment with the federal agency, Nicolette pursued higher education, earning a B.A. in Sociology and an M.A. in Sexuality Studies.
Although Nicolette is not an attorney, her Master’s program focused heavily on LGBTQ civil rights. Nicolette is currently working towards a Master of Public Policy degree, at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
Nicolette has worked in multiple legal environments, including the non-profit, federal, and now private sectors, as well as working with legal data in an academic environment. She finds the legal landscape fascinating, in general, but plaintiff side employment law, in particular, combines her interest in the legal system with her passion for social justice.
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology with an emphasis in Gender and Sexuality, Double Honors, Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, University of California, Berkeley, 2013-2015
- Master of Arts, Sexuality Studies, San Francisco State University, 2015-2017
- Master of Public Policy (in progress), Humphrey School of Public Affairs, 2019-2021
- Treasurer, OutFront Minnesota Action’s Political Action Committee, 2018- 2019
- Helpline Volunteer, Transgender Law Center, 2014-2015
- Cat Volunteer, San Francisco SPCA, 2012-2015