If your employer has treated you illegally, you may not be alone
Lawyers at Schaefer Halleen, LLC, in Minneapolis have had exceptional success in seeking justice for employees through employment class action lawsuits. If you would like to discuss an individual or class action employment lawsuit with one of our attorneys, please contact us to arrange a free case evaluation. We serve clients in Minnesota and nationwide.
Minnesota employment class actions we have handled
Our attorneys have frequently had the opportunity to hold a corporation accountable on behalf of a large group of employees. Demonstrating that there has been a pattern of illegal employment practices often is the best way to get a company to respond appropriately. It puts us in a strong negotiating position and allows us to achieve excellent results on behalf of our client. Class actions lawsuits might involve the following:
- Employment discrimination based on age, gender, race, religion or disability
- Violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), including improper job classification as exempt, and failure to pay overtime
- Violations of ERISA pension and benefit law, including mismanagement of pension funds
To discuss your case with a knowledgeable lawyer, please call 612-294-2600.
Our attorneys have represented groups of employees in class action suits against:
- Northwest Airlines
- American Express
- Target Corporation
- Control Data
- First Union Bank
- Wells Fargo
- University of Minnesota
- Ford Motor Company
- Koch Refining Company
- General Mills
- City of Minneapolis
Our employment class action attorney Lawrence P. Schaefer has handled significant, ground-breaking class action cases in all fields of employment law, including:
- Class action lawsuit depicted in the movie,”North Country,” starring Charlize Theron
- Gender and age discrimination class action on behalf of over 3,000 female financial advisors, recovering a $31 million dollar settlement on behalf of the women and significant changes to company practices (Kosen v. American Express Financial Advisors)
- Race discrimination class action in which he successfully pursued claims on behalf of over 1,200 African American class members (Aburime v. Northwest Airlines)
- ERISA class action, recovering $26 million on behalf of over 75,000 participants challenging the management of 401(k) funds (Franklin v. First Union)
Attorney referrals and legal affiliations
Our employment class actions attorneys welcome the opportunity to affiliate with other lawyers in the area of employment law class actions, and have done so on numerous occasions, working with lawyers nationwide. We also welcome referrals. If you are unsure about the class action potential and strategy for prosecution on a case, please feel free to contact our office and discuss the matter.
Call 612-294-2600 to discuss your Employment Class Action case with a knowledgeable lawyer.
What Our Clients Say
Schaefer Law firm was able to successfully prosecute two class action consumer fraud case (involving illegal payday loan practices in Minnesota and New Mexico) to the benefit of the class representatives and thousands of affected consumers. The tremendous advocacy the Firm lawyers provided in this complex field in years of litigation made this result possible, secured full relief for all affected class members with the courts’ approval, and forever changed these practices.
Thank you for helping me with my dispute. I know good lawyers and you guys are excellent lawyers. I cannot tell you how impressed I am with the job you and your whole team did for me. It’s different being a client. But it gave me a dual lawyer/client perspective on the whole thing that I didn’t have before.
And when I say excellent lawyers, I mean the whole package – the drafting, the analyzing, and client counselling.
I will never refer a plaintiff employment case or a...
Three earlier posts on the Schaefer Halleen website provided: An introductory discussion of why legal counsel is important when a doctor is negotiating a contract A brief discussion of contract law fu...
Two earlier posts on the Schaefer Halleen website provided an introductory discussion of why legal counsel is important when a doctor is negotiating a contract and a brief discussion of contract law f...
A recent blog post on the Schaefer Halleen website briefly discussed why it’s important for doctors to work with legal counsel when negotiating their contracts. This post digs into some of the det...
Minnesota Doctors about to take their first job or move to a new job typically have to sign an employment contract (sometimes called an employment agreement) that can run to ten or more single-spaced ...